We have retired our PatientSafety-L ListServ and replaced it with our new integrated member forum, here on our website. The forum offers an array of new features for posting comments, subscribing to notifications, subscribing to newsletters, RSS feeds, and more.
Any visitor to our website can read forum posts, however you must be signed in to the website in order to post new subjects, or comment on existing posts.
Reading Our Forums
- From any page on our website hover over Community on the main menu at the top/right of the screen
- Click on Forums
- You'll land on the Forum Home Page, where subject matter is divided into topics
- Click on General Patient Safety Discussion under General Patient Safety Topics
- You'll land on the General Patient Safety Discussion Forum Home Page where Topics are listed in chronological order
- On the top are orange megaphones, which are "announcements" containing instructions for how to post new topics, reply to existing topics, edit your comments and more.
- Below the megaphones is where you'll find the forum posts which are designated by a paper icon
Website Sign In
If you've forgotten your website credentials, use our automated password reset process by clicking on "Forgot your password?" on the home page.
Click here if you need instructions for username retrieval and password reset.
Subscribing to Forum Content
You must be signed in to our website in order to post or subscribe to forum content. You do not need to be signed in to receive the content after you've subscribed.
At the top of the forum page is a drop down menu called Forum Actions with options for subscribing.
- Subscribe to Instant Updates - You'll receive an e-mail notification whenever a new Topic is posted. You won't receive notifications when replies are posted within each topic.
- Subscribe to Digest - You'll receive a daily "newsletter" digest e-mail with the previous day's topics listed. All topics will have hyperlinks back to the forum for quick access.
- My Subscriptions and Settings - Once you've subscribed to any of our forums, you'll be able to manage your subscriptions in one place by selecting this option.
- RSS - RSS is an acronym that stands for Really Simple Syndication. Click on the RSS menu item and your browser will display our forum in your browser window. You can create a bookmark for the RSS feed and view it any time without coming back to our website. With RSS, the forum content is pushed directly to your browser. Each browser handles RSS feeds in a different manner, so you may want to experiment with more than one browser to see which one works best for you. RSS is available whether or not you have an account on our website.
- Top Posters - Lists the top posters in our forum
Forum Overview Below
. Some menu options are not available unless you're signed in.