|| NPSF is committed to conducting its business in an environmentally
responsible manner. Here are a few of the ways in which we have pursued
We recycle paper, plastic, glass, and metal, and electronics in our offices. Our 2016 achievements:
- saved 45 trees: 5,355 pounds of paper recycled
- 190 pounds of plastic, glass, and metal recycled
- saved an estimated 2.84 metric tons of carbon from the atmosphere
- recycled 214 pounds of electronics equipment
- diverted an est. 16.32 pounds of lead from landfills/incinerators
- diverted an est. 6.22 mg of mercury from landfills/incinerators
NPSF and CPPS member programs provide member welcome kits in favor of electronic kits. All program materials and background information are delivered to NPSF and CPPS program participants in electronic format.
The American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS) provides member certificates on line, eliminating the use of packaging and paper for mailing to new or renewing members.
For our Annual Patient Safety Congress, we have eliminated the use of a large volume of paper by providing much information electronically rather than through paper mailings, and by providing most of the onsite program, plus numerous other handouts, via a mobile app.
For board meetings, we have replaced the hefty paper board book sent through the mail to each person attending and make all of the needed information and documents accessible on line.