Call for Research and Solutions Poster Presentations
Abstracts are solicited for Research and Solutions poster presentations.
Initiatives that cross or link stakeholder groups are encouraged.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, November 18, 2016, at 11:59 pm ET
- Accepted posters will be displayed in a designated area of the Learning & Simulation Center (the Congress exhibit hall), which will be open to attendees during all Learning & Simulation Center hours
- Presenters of posters are requested to be available during Learning & Simulation Center receptions, luncheons, and breaks to answer questions.
- The Congress registration price is $1,000 through March 31, 2017 and $1,150 after March 31, 2017.
- Due to space constraints only one poster per person may be submitted. This also means that if you are selected to present you may have only one poster at the event.
- All abstracts will undergo review by Congress Planning Committee members.
- Review criteria include significance of the work to the field, clarity of presentation and writing quality.
- All decisions by the NPSF Congress Planning Committee are final.
- If accepted, you are required to register and attend the event to present your poster. If you cannot attend you may send a colleague in your place. If no one from your organization can be present then the poster will not be included in the program.
The format described below is a guideline for presenting the work. If you are submitting an abstract you’re encouraged to explore creative and innovative formats.
- Invited poster presentations must fully adhere to the requirements for poster size. You will be required to use a template provided by NPSF. Further detail about this process will be shared with poster presenters who are invited to present and confirm participation.
- Photographs, newsletters, reports and other documents are examples of items for display.
- NPSF is not able to support posters with multimedia needs.
Please note: the NPSF conference department is not responsible for printing or assembling any poster before or during the conference.
Research and Solutions Posters
These posters are intended to highlight cutting edge patient safety research or the utilization of patient safety approaches, methods and tools that result in demonstrated reductions in harm or improved patient.
Abstracts describing research or improvement projects that have been implemented in a practical setting with a discussion of the challenges and barriers to implementation are encouraged. Abstracts must report on findings of implemented research or improvement projects,not descriptions of planned projects.
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrate progress in patient safety improvement/harm reduction
- Be tested to the extent possible.
- Include results/data to demonstrate impact.
- Include sound methodology for conducting research/improvement projects
- Be practical to implement.
- Be creative and innovative.
- Be potentially replicable across organizations and settings.
Companies submitting solutions posters should include the results/outcomes from the use of their product in a health care setting.
The Program Committee reserves the right to determine abstract acceptance and presentation format and may suggest modifications. Posters that are not accepted will not receive feedback from the Planning Committee. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is November 18, 2016, at 11:59pm EST. All abstracts will be given final disposition and notification by the first week of February 2017. Please register for Congress by March 31, 2017 to receive the early bird rate. If you have any questions regarding the 2017 National Patient Safety Foundation Annual Congress Call for Research and Solutions Poster Presentations, please contact Nikki Braun in the NPSF conference department at firstname.lastname@example.org.