National Patient Safety Foundation
The National Patient Safety Foundation’s vision is to create a world where patients and those who care for them are free from harm. A central voice for patient safety since 1997, NPSF partners with patients and families, the health care community, and key stakeholders to advance patient safety and health care workforce safety and disseminate strategies to prevent harm. NPSF is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for carrying out critical responsibilities that support the Programs team in planning, supporting and implementing NPSF programs, including webinars, organizational membership, AskMe3, and online learning programs. This position also supports and prepares for annual NPSF events, including the annual Patient Safety Congress, Patient Safety Awareness Week, the annual LLI educational forum and keynote dinner.
This exciting position offers the opportunity to join a nimble and passionate organization with a robust culture of respect, and ongoing professional and personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate logistics for conference calls, meetings, and events involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate all aspects of webinars, including outreach and subsequent communications with speakers, vendors, and target audience; required documents for CE/CME; platform testing; speaker introductions on live webcasts; etc.
- Professionally present and represent NPSF at all times.
- Ensure that all education programs and deliverables are managed in alignment with CE/CME program requirements and standards.
- Interface with internal and external subject matter experts and volunteers to ensure successful development and delivery of key NPSF programs.
- Professionally and effectively handle calls/inquiries from internal and external sources, and channel to appropriate staff on a timely basis.
- Coordinate activities and communications related to education programs, including timelines, content development, review, updates, and other exchanges between internal and external parties.
- Maintain master file of project plans for certain programs and update progress and activities over course of program development/maintenance.
- Assist with program finances, including budget and sales tracking, and invoice review and coding.
- Ensure accuracy of contact information for key stakeholders, members and program participants by entering/updating databases used by programs team.
- Generate exports and run reports from database for various program needs.
- Assist Senior Director, Event Management with necessary aspects of planning and coordination for NPSF annual events.
- Maintain NPSF storefront by ensuring product availability, submitting orders to third-party vendor, and answering customer inquiries.
- Update, communicate, and maintain program evaluation activities on an ongoing basis.
- Assure that policies and procedures are accurate and updated at all times, in order to maintain high quality standards for program development and maintenance.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences, meeting materials, and reports as requested.
- Participate in and contribute to program team and staff meetings and ongoing staff development programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, drive, and initiative
- Superior organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Perform consistently and calmly under pressure and aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize and reprioritize as conditions change
- Results and goal oriented
- Works efficiently and accurately in independent and team environments
- Demonstrated ability to create and modify procedural documentation, timelines, and program plans
- Ability to screen customer inquiries and respond or channel to appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Confidence to raise issues and communicate with all levels of staff
- Willingness to learn and take on more responsibility over time
- Interest and/or experience in healthcare or public health highly desirable
- Familiarity with Health Reform a plus but not required
Education Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with course work in business, public health, or healthcare highly desirable
- 2-3 years of demonstrated project/program experience is required.
- Experience with and understanding of CE/CME accreditation activities and related planning is strongly desired
- Prior experience interfacing with customers is required
Computer and Technical Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Experience screening calls and using a multi-line phone system is required
- Experience with databases and event registration software is helpful.
- Experience using SurveyMonkey or other online survey tools is a plus
- Interest in learning new software platforms and databases
Language and Communications Skills
Physical and Practical Requirements
If you are interested in growing professionally within an innovative, highly respected organization, we invite you to submit your resume (including salary requirements) to:
Or mail/fax to:
National Patient Safety Foundation
268 Summer Street, 6th floor
Boston, MA 02210