ACGME Announces Institutes Selected For Four-Year Initative
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
ACGME Announces Institutions Selected for Pursuing Excellence in Clinical Learning Environments Initiative
The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) has announced the eight institutions selected to participate as Pathway Innovators in the Pursuing Excellence in Clinical Learning Environments initiative aimed at motivating, supporting, and spreading innovation to transform clinical learning environments, where residents and fellows pursue training in their specialties or subspecialties.
The following ACGME-accredited institutions were invited to participate in the first phase of Pursuing Excellence.
- Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School, Austin, TX
- University of California (San Francisco) School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL
“The proposals we received demonstrate the remarkable capacity of the GME community to do great work, and the Pathway Innovators have an exciting opportunity to innovate and share learning across the community,” said Kevin B. Weiss, MD, Senior Vice President, Institutional Accreditation, ACGME. “The ACGME and its partners look forward to collaborating with each of the institutions as they drive change that impacts learners, practitioners, and professionals across the clinical learning environment.”
The institutions will come together for the first Innovators Forum taking place September 19-21, 2016 at the ACGME office in Chicago. There, they will share information about their proposals, which include ideas for improvements in areas such as patient safety, health care quality, and interprofessional learning.