American Board of Medical Specialties: Call for Posters
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Call for Posters: American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Conference 2016 Poster Session
The ABMS Conference 2016 Planning Committee invites you to submit a poster(s) to be presented at ABMS Conference 2016 on September 27th, 2016 at the Global Center for Health Innovations in Cleveland, Ohio. This year’s conference theme is Engage.Collaborate.Innovate. More than 300 health care professionals representing the ABMS Boards, Quality Improvement, Continuing Medical Education and Patient Safety Communities, and other health care organizations will gather to learn more about the latest innovations in ABMS Board Certification and Continuing Certification/Maintenance of Certification programs, advance the implementation of Member Boards’ best practices through collaboration and innovation, and engage with national policy and research initiatives designed to improve patient care.
The ABMS Conference 2016 Poster Session will enrich the attendee experience by sharing late-breaking research and evidence-based practices from one or more of the following core subject areas:
• Lifelong Learning and Assessment
• Board Certification
• Maintenance of Certification (MOC)/Continuing Certification
• Improvement in Medical Practice (IMP)
• Continuing Medical Education (CME)
• Health Care Policy and Research
• Patient safety and Patient-centered Outcomes
ABMS Conference 2016 Poster(s) Submission Deadline
The Call for Posters will close on August 5th, 2016 at 12:00 am ET. Acceptance notices will be sent via email on or before August 30th, 2016.
Submit a Poster Abstract
ABMS Conference 2016
ABMS Conference 2016 Poster(s) Guidelines
1. Presenting author(s) or presenter(s) of accepted posters must register at the current registration rate to attend ABMS Conference 2016 (early bird registration ends on August 5th, 2016). Submission of a poster does not automatically confirm your registration for ABMS Conference 2016. Conference registration information will be available in the coming weeks. For more information about ABMS Conference 2016, click here.
2. Posters may be of original research, evidenced-based practices or encore (repeat) presentations of previously presented abstracts from the identified core subject areas (above).
3. Poster submissions should range between 700-900 words. Maximum section word counts are defined below. Please note: title, author names, affiliations, author and poster disclosure information are not included in final abstract word counts.
• Purpose/Need: 250 words
• Methodology: 250 words
• Results: 200 words
• Discussion/Conclusion: 200 words
4. Posters will list names of all authors in the order in which they will appear in printed text. One author/presenter per abstract must attend ABMS Conference 2016.
5. Posters will include complete affiliations for each author listed.
6. If applicable, list financial and/or in-kind support for each poster abstract submission.
7. There is no limit to the number of posters one author may submit for consideration.
8. The first author is responsible for communicating all ABMS Poster Policies and Guidelines to additional authors.
ABMS Conference 2016 Poster Session Presentation Guidelines
1. Upon acceptance, create a poster for presentation which may include graphs, tables, and charts.
2. Non-electronic, printed posters should be no larger than 3’ x 5’. Velcro and push pins will be provided. Presenters will need to bring their own additional mounting materials.
3. Authors/presenters are required to bring their posters with them to ABMS Conference 2016. Please plan to attend to your poster during the Poster Session.
4. ABMS Disclosure Forms, detailed set-up instructions and final logistics will accompany acceptance notices.
5. All ABMS Poster presenters are required to complete an ABMS Disclosure Form.
6. While first authors typically present at the ABMS Poster Session, ABMS allows other listed authors to present at the ABMS Poster Session.
7. Recording by any means (photographing, audiotaping, videotaping) of any presentation/session is prohibited, except by an ABMS authorized agent or by author(s)/presenter(s) who wish to photograph their own poster presentation.
8. Presenters may use an iPad or tablet to facilitate their presentation, but it cannot replace a printed poster.
Additional Information and Questions
For questions or more information about ABMS Conference 2016 Posters or the ABMS Conference 2016 Poster Session,
please contact Ilya Samovskiy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-436-2682.