Recruiting Sites for MARQUIS 2 Trial
Monday, November 16, 2015
Posted by: Patricia McTiernan
Applications are due by by November 30, 2015
Researchers from Harvard and several other academic medical centers, in conjunction with the Society of Hospital Medicine, recently received funding from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to conduct a study to improve medication reconciliation at 18 sites.
The study will be built on the Multi-Center Medication Reconciliation Quality Improvement Study (MARQUIS), which was shown to reduce the rate of medication reconciliation errors at 5 US hospitals. This current study will utilize a refined version the MARQUIS toolkit and take advantage of the lessons learned in the first MARQUIS study to make it even more effective at improving medication safety during transitions of care.
The study leads are now accepting applications for sites wishing to enroll in this study, known as MARQUIS 2. Any hospital or multi-hospital health system in the US or Canada is eligible to apply.
Applications may be submitted via this form, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M8K5NQK
Sites will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Strong institutional support
- Local site leader/ mentee with QI knowledge, experience, and time
- Multi-disciplinary QI team
- Institutional experience with successful QI projects
- Availability of resources to collect data
- Intention to implement one or more intervention components
- Have not already implemented several components from the MARQUIS toolkit that are currently in place for a substantial proportion of patients
To view slides and listen to the recording of a recent webinar about the application process, visit http://qio.ipro.org/drug-safety/drug-safety-events
If you have questions, please contact Jenna Goldstein, director, Center for Hospital Innovation and Improvement, at email@example.com or 267-702-2679.