NPSF Leaders Recognized
Thursday, April 03, 2014
Posted by: Mark Alpert
Becker’s Hospital Review Recognizes 50 Patient Safety Experts
Becker’s Hospital Review recently released its list of 50 Experts Leading the Field of Patient Safety—2014. NPSF is proud to note that, among them are Tejal K. Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS, president of NPSF and of the NPSF Lucian Leape Institute, and Lucian Leape, MD, chair of the Institute and adjunct professor of health policy, Harvard School of Public Health.
Also recognized by Becker’s are the following members of the NPSF governance boards:
- Jim Bagian, MD, PE, Director for the Center for Health Engineering and Patient Safety, University of Michigan
- Doug Bonacum, MBA, BS, CPPS, Vice President of Quality, Safety and Resource Management, Kaiser Permanente
- Rick Boothman, JD, Chief Risk Officer, University of Michigan Health System
- Mike Cohen, RPh, MS, ScD, President, Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN, CENP, FAAN, CNO, Patient Safety Officer & Vice President of the Clinical Services Group for Hospital Corporation of America. Dr. Englebright is also a member of the American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS) at NPSF.
- Andrew J. Sussman, MD, MBA, President of MinuteClinic and Senior Vice President and Associate CMO at CVS Caremark
Helga Brake, PharmD, CPHQ, Patient Safety Leader at Northwestern Memorial Hospital; member of the American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety (ASPPS) at NPSF
- Also included on the Becker’s list are a number of health safety experts who are involved with NPSF in other capacities:
- Karen Frush, MD, CPPS, Chief Patient Safety Officer at Duke University Health System; track chair for the Certified Professional in Patient Safety Review Course being offered at the 2014 NPSF Patient Safety Congress
- Eric Schneider, MD, Editor of the International Journal of Quality in Healthcare; scheduled breakout session faculty at the 2014 NPSF Patient Safety Congress.
- Kaveh G. Shojania, MD, Editor-in-Chief of BMJ Quality & Safety; scheduled keynote speaker at the 2014 NPSF Patient Safety Congress.
Click here to see the complete list on the Becker’s Hospital Review website.
- Joan Wynn, PhD, Chief Quality and Safety Officer, Vidant Health, a member of the Stand Up for Patient Safety Program at NPSF