Patient and Family Activities
Patient Safety Awareness Week
The National Patient Safety Foundation is asking patients, families, and health care consumers to mark Patient Safety Awareness Week 2013 by learning about the need to make patient safety a priority every day, in all health care settings. This year’s theme is 7/365: 7 days of recognition, 365 days committed to safe care.
Activities for Patients and Families
- Communicate and partner with your providers. Watch the Ask Me 3 video to see good communication in action.
- Ask your hospital or health care professional about patient safety.
- Talk to your health providers about communication and ways to improve your partnership.
- Attend an event at your own hospital or health care organization during Patient Safety Awareness Week.
Reach out to the community
- Organize local events or other activities through your local hospital or community group to share information and stories about patient safety and medical error and prevention.
- Learn how to become more involved in your care.
- Learn how you can become an active member of your health care team.
- Learn how you can report an error within your own health care system.
Visit the Patient Resources section of our website to find helpful fact sheets, tools and information.