November 14, 2016 | 1-2 pm ET
1:00pm – 2:00pm (Eastern)
12:00pm – 1:00pm (Central)
10:00am – 11:00am (Pacific)
Purchase Price: Complimentary
Deborah A. Pasko, Pharm.D, MHA
Director, Medication Safety & Quality
Center on Medication Safety and Quality
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Arjun Srinivasan, MD (CAPT, USPHS)
Associate Director for Healthcare Associated Infection Prevention Programs
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Tejal K. Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS (Moderator)
President and CEO, National Patient Safety Foundation
President and CEO, NPSF Lucian Leape Institute
- Review justification for the pharmacist to be part of the team
- Explain the role of the pharmacist in antimicrobial stewardship
- Describe how antimicrobial stewardship leads to better patient outcomes
- Explain what patients should expect and questions to ask about antibiotics
- 1:00-1:05 pm ET - Introduction (NPSF)
- 1:05-1:45 pm ET - Presentation with PowerPoint (Featured Speakers)
- 1:45-1:55 pm ET - Moderated Question and Answer Time (NPSF and Featured Speakers)
- 1:55-2:00 pm ET - Closing Remarks (NPSF)
A total of 1.00 contact hours is available toward the fulfillment of the requirements of CPPS (Certified Professional in Patient Safety) recertification.
No additional pre-approved continuing education is available for this webcast.
It is important to test your computer in advance of the webcast to make sure that you meet the minimum technical requirements to attend this event. You will also want to test your computer’s ability to stream flash video, which can also help identify potential firewall issues that could impair your ability to view the webcast. Please see the links below for more information and be sure to allow sufficient time prior to the event to complete these tests.
Technical Requirements Test
Minimum technical requirements include:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Windows Media Player or RealPlayer
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox version 36 or higher, Google Chrome version 41 or higher, Apple Safari 5 or higher.
For questions regarding this event, please contact NPSF at 617-391-9900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.