This webcast series is supported by a grant from The Doctors Company Foundation.
October 11, 2016 | 1-2 pm ET
1:00pm – 2:00pm (Eastern)
12:00pm – 1:00pm (Central)
10:00am – 11:00am (Pacific)
Purchase Price: Complimentary
Maureen Ann Frye, MSN, BC, CRNP, CPPS, CPHQ
Director, The Center for Patient Safety and Healthcare Quality
Christina Lauro, RN, MSN
Healthcare Safety and Quality Consultant
This presentation will focus on Abington Jefferson Health System’s experience in implementing the recommendations of NPSF’s recent report, RCA2: Improving Root Cause Analyses and Actions to Prevent Harm. Abington Jefferson, a health care system in Pennsylvania that is comprised of 5 hospitals, 13 outpatient and urgent care centers, and numerous physician practices, has been working in collaboration with the Joint Commission to integrate the recommendations of the RCA2 report with the Joint Commission requirements, specifically around sentinel events.
Abington will cover the following topics during their presentation:
- Leadership/Governance involvement in understanding and supporting cause analysis
- Strategies for compliance to Joint Commission requirements, issues of review ‘capacity’ and commitment to preoccupation with ‘risks’ to safety in the absence of known harm.
- RCA timing and team membership
This event is one of four webcasts in the NPSF Spotlight Series: Implementing RCA2: Lessons from the Trenches. See here for more information on the NPSF Spotlight Series.
- 1:00-1:05 pm ET - Introduction (NPSF)
- 1:05-1:45 pm ET - Presentation with PowerPoint (Featured Speakers)
- 1:45-1:55 pm ET - Moderated Question and Answer Time (NPSF and Featured Speakers)
- 1:55-2:00 pm ET - Closing Remarks (NPSF)
A total of 1.00 contact hours is available toward the fulfillment of the requirements of CPPS (Certified Professional in Patient Safety) recertification. No additional pre-approved continuing education is available for this webcast.
It is important to test your computer in advance of the webcast to make sure that you meet the minimum technical requirements to attend this event. You will also want to test your computer’s ability to stream flash video, which can also help identify potential firewall issues that could impair your ability to view the webcast. Please see the links below for more information and be sure to allow sufficient time prior to the event to complete these tests.
Technical Requirements Test
Minimum technical requirements include:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Windows Media Player or RealPlayer
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox version 36 or higher, Google Chrome version 41 or higher, Apple Safari 5 or higher.
For questions regarding this event, please contact NPSF at 617-391-9900 or email email@example.com.